Time-of-Day has arrived
The new Time-of-Day (5-8 p.m.) Rate is the standard rate for all residential customers.
What is Time-of-Day?
- You pay different rates for electricity based on when you use it
- Rates are lower when it costs us less to produce electricity and they go up when both demand and cost for electricity increase
- Shift when you use electricity to control your costs
Learn more about Time-of-Day
Solutions for you
SMUD is owned by you, our customers, so it's natural that we have your best interests at heart. We provide you complete energy solutions, which is good for your home, your budget, your business and our community.
Proposed rate changes
To help us continue to provide safe, reliable, and affordable power, we’ve asked our Board of Directors to approve several rate changes, including:
- Oase FiltoSmart Thermo External Filter with Heater Aquarium Filtration Fish Tank
- Wave Maker Aquarium Powerhead Water Pump Aquarium Powerhead Fish Tank 220V-240V
- Deluxe Adjustable Dog Pet Guard For VW Bora 1999-2005 Estate
- New with Tags NANDOG PET GEAR Monkey MICRO PLUSH DOG CAT Cave BED
- Greenies Weight Management Regular Size 27 count 27 oz Dental Treats for Dogs
- Cat Bed Hanging Pinewood with Gallery Rail Handcrafted with cat silhouettes
- Pet Cat Puppy Dog Orthopedic Cushion Bed with Polyester Cover - 45 cm by TRIXIE
- 10KG NISHIKOI LARGE PELLET WHEATGERM DAILY FISH FOOD DIET WINTER FLOATING KOI
- Extreme Dog Fence Electric Dog Fence Boundary Flags for Visual Aid During Dog -
- Pet Deodorising Disinfectant Cleaner & Predector 4 x 5L PREFILLED CHERRY
- Mayfield Perroquet Tropical Mélange 15kg
- Seachem - Matrix Carbon - 4L
- PlaqueOff For Dogs Bulk 1kgCats Cure Bad Breath Clean Teeth Oral Care
- MIKKI PREMIUM PUPPY PEE WEE HOUSE TRAINING PADS MAT 50 100 58cmX56cm
- Algae Wafers 50g - 20kg, Spirulina Wafers, Aquarium Fish Food, Pleco, Catfish
- A rate increase for residential and business customers
- Restructuring our business customer rates
You have several opportunities to provide input throughout the process.
Powering our community
We’re proud to light
your homes, your businesses and the streets around your neighborhood. We keep you at the heart of all we do. Together, we’ve brightened our community with
volunteers, donations, education and support.
We're passionate about our community. Through our employee giving and scholarship programs, in the last year we've helped make our community better, brighter and stronger.
CONTRIBUTED TO LOCAL NONPROFITS
Volunteer hours in the community
in powering futures scholarships to local students
Through our employee giving and volunteer program, we raise money for a variety of nonprofits and lend a helping hand to those in need. In the past 13 years, employees have personally donated over $4.5 million and just last year gave over 14,500 volunteer hours to organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army and the Sacramento Children’s Home. See more ways Mesh Guard Dog Barrier & Boot Liner For VW SHARAN 1996 about our community.