Time-of-Day has arrived
The new Time-of-Day (5-8 p.m.) Rate is the standard rate for all residential customers.
What is Time-of-Day?
- You pay different rates for electricity based on when you use it
- Rates are lower when it costs us less to produce electricity and they go up when both demand and cost for electricity increase
- Shift when you use electricity to control your costs
Learn more about Time-of-Day
Solutions for you
SMUD is owned by you, our customers, so it's natural that we have your best interests at heart. We provide you complete energy solutions, which is good for your home, your budget, your business and our community.
Proposed rate changes
To help us continue to provide safe, reliable, and affordable power, we’ve asked our Board of Directors to approve several rate changes, including:
- Fabulous Pet Water Resistant Portable Doggie, Dog, Puppy, Cat, Kitten PlayPen
- Puppy Playpen Indoor Outdoor 8 Panel Foldable Metal Exercise Pet Pen Fence Run
- HARNESS ADJUSTABLE ROADSIGN 20mm GREY
- Eheim AEH7633600 Impeller 2217 For Aquarium Water Pump
- Fluval Sea Fluval Nano Marine blueetooth LED Aquarium Fish Tank Light
- Temperature Control Soft 50x50cm Pet Heating Pad Heated Pet Bed Electric Warmer
- Rustic Ramp for Pets 20 Tall x 35 long x 14 wide. Dog ramps. Dog Supplies.
- 27 (71CM) WIDE POND AQUARIUM FILTER MEDIA WOOL QUALITY FLOSS 12-15mm
- Choice BRAVURA Clipper Cutting Set 1854-7505
- Barker and 450 Little Liver Dog Training Treats
- Mesh Guard Dog Barrier & Boot Liner For Kia Cee'D 2006-2012 Estate
- Midwest Homes for Pets Deluxe Grooming Table Arm with Dual Dial Grip Knobs, 3...
- (6) Himalayan Dog Chew Long Lasting Small Dog Treat 3-5 Pieces Bone Bully
- KH Kitty Cat Pet Bed Bunkhouse Kitty Print Tan
- Smart ATO 100 Sensor Replacement sensor for Auto Aqua Smart ATO CV-SATO-SNSR
- A rate increase for residential and business customers
- Restructuring our business customer rates
You have several opportunities to provide input throughout the process.
Powering our community
We’re proud to light
your homes, your businesses and the streets around your neighborhood. We keep you at the heart of all we do. Together, we’ve brightened our community with
volunteers, donations, education and support.
We're passionate about our community. Through our employee giving and scholarship programs, in the last year we've helped make our community better, brighter and stronger.
CONTRIBUTED TO LOCAL NONPROFITS
Volunteer hours in the community
in powering futures scholarships to local students
Through our employee giving and volunteer program, we raise money for a variety of nonprofits and lend a helping hand to those in need. In the past 13 years, employees have personally donated over $4.5 million and just last year gave over 14,500 volunteer hours to organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army and the Sacramento Children’s Home. See more ways Supreme Tiny Friends Farm Reggie Rat And Mimi Mouse Tasty Mix - Foods - Small An about our community.